Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Spring Look

I think Spring and summer is a good time to use less makeup. Winter. huh... pound on the makeup. haha. But summer you want to look fresh and clean, plus it should be warm out and you should be outside. Less is more. :) right? well. for me I just have been only using my foundation which is really light and is a tinted moisturizer. I get it from Sephora and it's called Tarte Smooth Operator SPF 20. On the web site it is $36, but I think that might be the US $. and I just put that all over my face and neck, just to make sure the colour flows, and try to find a foundation that has SPF. mine is a little low, but it's better then nothing. and then for my eyes I have been just using mascara, but sometimes I like to use white eye liner on my water line and the inner corners, White just lightens up your eyes and makes them look wider. Sometimes if I want to line my eyes I will tight line my eyes and do my water line with black eyeliner and if I feel like it I will put something on my eye lids. This might sound odd and weird, but I found the most beautiful coloured lipstick and I like to use it on my eyelids and cheeks it is called Sexual Healing by NARS, I also get this at Sephora, but trust me, it is a wonderful colour on the cheeks. it is the best. I just put lip chap on my lips. I really like my lip colour. I think everyone should lighten up their looks. It is spring and people should brighten up. it is a month and a half until school is over and summer starts. Others are graduating, I am going to Denmark. People are still figuring out their goals in life. it's almost like a new year, but not. and in the summer you don't want to be wearing a ton of makeup. You have to give your face and eyes a break.

For your hair try and pull it back a little bit. a side pony, 2 braids is always summery, at the moment I have used bobby pins and pulled back 2 strands of hair and pinned it. Do something fresh and new. Don't do straight back pony tails though. They are to serious and lazy. I do a pony tail on lazy days, I try to make it nice sometimes, but pony tails in general are just boring.

Nails. Finger nails I think very light very new. Like right now I have Privacy Please by OPI on and it is such a nice colour. it is barely a colour. haha. but it just makes you nails look healthier and smooth and it's just so perfect, and if you have longerish nails then it looks like a french manicure. it's AMAZING. LOVE THE COLOUR! Toenails... I am actually not sure about this one. I am thinking not something dark. something light. I just took off the red I had on and I think that might be a fall winter colour. I think... Blues, greens, I have a yellow called Need Sunglasses? by OPI that I got yesterday and I want to try it, that would be a good colour. maybe put a design on the big toe. :) but ya. do simple things on your nails this spring and summer. keeps the spirit high. :)

Fashion... I am not good at this kind of beauty. I am not that fashionable. but I am thinking Skirts. LOTS of skirts. I am not a dress person. I don't feel comfortable in dresses, so I choose skirts. plus with a skirt you can have a different top. you know? OH, and gladiator sandals, these sandals look good with ANYTHING! dressy or casual. :) AMAZING!!! Don't wear to much black. black is a sad colour. plus you get really hot wearing black, if you want to stay kinda cool then white is the best option. :) light pinks, light colours. I think dresses are in right now though. so maybe you want a dress. :) I am just not a big fan of them.

What are other beauty things?

Lotions. Lotions are good. I am not sure if lotions are all that great in the summer because you sweat and you don't want to be sticky and have the feeling of yuckyness. I don't know if it is bad to say this on a beauty blog, but I don't like lotions from bath & body works. I feel like they dry out your skin even more then it started with, and I LOVE the smells, but I don't think they are very good for your skin, Candles are amazing though. but lotions not so much. I am not sure how I feel about the shower gels though. They smell amazing, and they last on the skin for a little bit... not long. I wouldn't buy stuff from their anymore, except candles. At the moment I am LOVING Lush. like LOVING! Everything I have bought from there is the best thing ever! except the perfumes. I am not loving the perfumes very much. They aren't my kind of smells. DON'T boycott the perfume because I wrote this! They might smell AMAZING to you. I do have to say that they smell ALL day!!! put it behind your years and on your wrists and you will smell it ALL day!!! and they feel nice. I am just not into the smells. but EVERYTHING else from Lush is AMAZING!!!! It might be pricey but 100% worth it!! lotoins, AMAZING, Face stuff (cleansers, masks, toners, etc.) AMAZING, Scrubs, AMAZING, Soaps, AMAZING! EVERYTHING IS AMAZING!!!! I will do blog post on Lush products I have tried!

Enhance Your Beauty, Don't Cover It.

No comments:

Post a Comment